The Houston Fire Museum is pleased to announce our Call for Entries for our Houston Icon’s Art Show on September 30th from 6-9 PM. This call for entries is open to all artists in Houston and surrounding areas working in 2D media.
The Houston Fire Museum, a non-profit organization established in 1980, preserves the heritage of firefighting services in Houston and encourages civic engagement by sharing stories of the people and events that have shaped our communities.
In celebration of new programming the Houston Fire Museum will host a juried art show focusing on “Houston Icons”. We invite artists of all mediums to meditate on the continuing importance of architectural, historical, or cultural icons. We seek work that showcases the artists personal connection and appreciation of Houston’s past, present, and future.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Art must be submitted no later than September 22nd at 11:59 PM to firstname.lastname@example.org. Artists can submit up to 3 pieces via email in .jpg format (maximum file size 1 MB) Please use HOUSTON ICON’S in subject line and include the following information: artist(s) name, phone number, mailing address, email address, artwork title, date completed, medium, size, and price (if applicable).
HFM will not have a commission fee but will strongly recommend that the artists stay for the duration of the show to facilitate any financial transactions. If you are unable to stay for the entirety of the show please arrange a time to pick up your piece(s) the following week.
- Applicants will be informed of their acceptance no later than September 25th
- Drop off times will be announced closer to the date of the show
- ALL work must be original by the artist(s)
- ALL work must be wired and ready to hang. No sawtooth hangers or loose paper will be allowed. HFM reserves the right to deny any work that is not properly prepared for installation or differs from the work that was originally accepted via email
- ALL work must have the following clearly labeled on the back: artist(s) name, artwork title, email, phone number, medium, and price (if applicable)
- The Houston Fire Museum will take reasonable means to secure your work(s) and will accept no responsibility for loss or damage of the work(s).
- Email email@example.com for any additional information
Programming for the Houston Fire Museum is funded in part by grants from the City of Houston through Houston Arts Alliance