Jr. Firefighter Birthday Parties at the Houston Fire Museum
Does your child dream of being a firefighter? You can make their dream come true! Host your child’s birthday party at our museum, set in Historic Station 7 on Milam. Birthday parties are held in our children’s room, Saturdays only, and include general admission for your guests. The following time slots are available for booking: 10AM-11:30AM, 12PM-1:30PM, or 2PM-3:30PM.
In an effort to allow our guests access to the children’s area, Second Saturdays of each month, the children’s area will be open to the public between the hours of 12pm and 4pm. This means there will be no availability for private parties at 12 o’clock or 2 o’clock. The 10 o’clock time slot will still be available on these dates, so please book in advance.
Why Choose Us?
The Fire Museum of Houston is housed in what was once Houston’s Station 7 and is now a National Historic Landmark. This structure opened in 1899 and operated as Houston’s first paid fire station, making it a unique setting for your child’s party. Though the birthday parties are set in our Jr. Firefighter play area, your guests will receive general admission access to our self-guided exhibit space which includes: antique fire-fighting apparatuses, historic HFD uniforms, antique fire equipment, and so much more!
Jr. Firefighter Play Area
The Jr. Firefighter play area is the perfect location for your child’s firefighter themed party and includes the following:
· Jr. Firefighter bunker gear of multiple sizes
· Child-sized fire pole
· “Station 7 & 1/2” playhouse
· Cab of mock fire truck with working lights
· Hose-reel station
Your party includes the following:
· Private use of our Jr. Firefighter play area for an hour and a half
· Access to our museum exhibit area for your guests
· 35 guests total (we suggest no more than 16 children, due to seating limitations)
· Assistance with setting up and breaking down your party
You will do the catering for your party. Many individuals choose to bring snacks from home, have pizza delivered, or select a local food-chain for their catering. We generally suggest you keep it simple to maximize your party time. Food and beverages must be kept within the designated area, and no alcoholic beverages are allowed. Liquids must be kept in closed containers. We suggest bottled water, juice boxes, or other contained beverages.
What decorations should I bring?
Our Jr. Firefighter children’s room is very festive! We suggest two standard rectangular table cloths, weighted balloons, and matching serve-ware for your party. Many items can be purchased right in our museum gift shop! If you are planning to light candles for your child’s cake, please remember to bring a lighter or matches (safely stored out of reach from the children, of course!) as we may not have any on hand. Please note that we do not allow any items to be affixed to our walls. Because of how often we host parties, we simply cannot allow the possible damage caused by thumbtacks, tape, and other adhesives.
Birthday parties are subject to availability and time-slots book up quickly. We often book 1 to 2 months in advance. Please call 713.524.2526 to book. If you wish to pay over the phone, please have your method of payment available. We require a $75 non-refundable deposit upon booking. The remaining balance of $200 will be due the day of your party. Your credit card info may be kept on file and may be charged in the event that you do not pay your balance on the day of the party.
- ALL PARTY DATES IN MAY HAVE BEEN BOOKED. THE HOUSTON FIRE MUSEUM WILL BE CLOSED SATURDAY, MAY 27TH.
- WE BEGAN ACCEPTING BOOKINGS FOR JULY 2017 ON MAY 2ND, AT 10AM SHARP. WE WILL BEGIN TAKING AUGUST BOOKINGS ON JUNE 1ST, AT 10AM SHARP. WE STILL HAVE MANY JULY TIME-SLOTS AVAILABLE AT PRESENT, BUT DATES WILL BOOK UP QUICKLY.
- BOOKING IS DONE ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS AND REQUIRE A $75.00 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT WHICH WILL BE CREDITED TOWARD THE $275.00 TOTAL FEE. WE ACCEPT PAYMENT IN PERSON OR BY PHONE.
- SECOND SATURDAYS, BETWEEN 12PM-4PM, THE HOUSTON FIRE MUSEUM’S CHILDREN’S ROOM IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND NO PARTIES WILL BE BOOKED FOR THE 12PM AND 2PM TIME SLOTS ON THESE DAYS.